Here are some of the personal expectations for this course, shared with me during the first sessions in Boston and Providence:
1. To learn the steps to creating a nonprofit organization.
2. To find my own unique perspective.
3. To be open, learn a lot, grow.
4. To gain concrete skill-building and nonprofit know how.
5. To experience a consistent framework, through-line.
6. To be supported to follow through.
7. To consolidate my learning and dabbling.
8. To gain courage and confidence.
9. To be able to focus on formulating and organizing one project.
10. To build a team with like-minded people
11. To make a dream lead to providing income
12. To learn from other's experiences
I see it as three intersecting areas of interest across the twenty participants:
1. To build skills related to nonprofit organizations
2. To learn, to grow
3. To feel supported to imagine, design, and importantly, follow through on an idea
I believe that this new course exists at the nexus of those three expectations. Looking forward to finding out!
Sharing excerpts of the learning happening in "Building a Community-Based Residency"